MatchDay with the WKCF
Tuesday, Nov. 29, 2022
Multiply your impact on MatchDay, Nov. 29, 2022
MatchDay is an opportunity to help nonprofit organizations grow their funds exponentially--so they can fulfill promises to our local communities for years to come. Between November 15th and November 29th, the day known globally as Giving Tuesday and locally as MatchDay, make a gift to your favorite local nonprofits. The more you give, the more your favorite charities get from the $100,000 match pool. Donate online and celebrate with us throughout the day.
How It Works
- Donation Period: November 15 - November 29, 2022
How: Make your donations online, by mailed check, or in-person
- The $100,000 match pool will be divided among the participating organizations in proportion to the total amount raised. Agencies can earn up to 50 percent of the pool if contributions to their organization that day equal 50 percent or more of the total amount raised.
- As extra incentive, prize grants will be given throughout the day based on various criteria.
- Donations of $20-$2,000 per donor per organization are eligible for a match. Credit card, debit card, and ACH donations are encouraged through matchday.wkcf.org in order to help streamline our event. Donations are tax-deductible and can be divided among multiple organizations. All donors will receive a receipt detailing the amounts and benefiting organizations.
How to Give:
- Online: visit matchday.wkcf.org, search for your favorite organizations and add donations to your "shopping cart." Make your donations between November 15th - 30th through the secure online system via credit card, debit card, or ACH.
- In-Person: Join us November 29th from 7am - 7pm in our office, 104 W. Broadway in Leoti, to make contributions in person. Only check or electronic donations will be accepted, NO CASH.
- Mail: Contributions made by check can be mailed to PO Box 135, Leoti, KS 67861. To be eligible for a match, checks must be made out to WKCF with a giving form designating the benefitting organizations, and must be dated and postmarked November 15th - November 29th.
Participating Organizations - Subject to Change
- Benincasa Hospitality House
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Finney & Kearny Counties
- Catholic Charities of Southwest Kansas
- Cerebral Palsy Research Foundation
- Community Day Care Center - Garden City
- Community Development Fund
- Emmaus House
- Family Crisis Services
- Finney County 4-H Foundation
- Finney County Historical Society
- Finney County Humane Society
- Finney County Preservation Alliance
- Finney County Public Library
- Finney County United Way
- Friends of Cimarron City Library
- Friends of Lee Richardson Zoo
- Garden City Arts
- Garden City Family YMCA
- Genesis Family Health
- Great Plains Christian Radio/KJIL
- Great Plains MakerSpace
- High Plains Public Radio
- Humanities Kansas
- Kansas Children's Service League
- Leave A Legacy Foundation
- Magic's H.O.P.E.
- Miles of Smiles
- Real Men Real Leaders
- Rotary Club of Garden City
- Russell Child Development Center
- Shepherd of the Plains
- Spirit of the Plains, CASA
- St. Catherine Hospital Development Foundation
- Tumbleweed Festival
- USD #457 Public Schools Foundation
- Women of Purpose
Wichita County Organizations
- Happy One of Leoti
- Heart Strings to Purse Strings
- Wichita County 4H & Fair
- Wichita County Economic Development
- Wichita County Grow & Learn Childcare Center
- Wichita County Health Center
- Wichita County Municipal Golf Course
- Wichita County Unrestricted Endowment Fund
- Wichita County Whole Health Fund
Tools to Promote MatchDay
The success of Match Day will be magnified when local nonprofits and community members spread the word. Attached are tools to use to promote the event.
- Donor Form - Please only use if you are unable to donate online (matchday.wkcf.org)
Learn more about the different options we have available to make it easy for you to contribute.
Get in touch with us today to get more information about our Funds, Giving Options, and Grants.